Wednesday, September 20, 2023

Why the Heck Did I Do That?

 Hello to any folks who chose to read this here blogeroo today! 

Have you ever apologized for something and knew it wasn't anything you actually needed to apologize for? I am definitely guilty of that. Ohhhhh so guilty. 

It just goes along with my insecurity. I often find myself saying "oh...I'm so sorry!" when it isn't my fault. Even the silliest little everyday things I know aren't my fault. As an example....someone in a store could totally jump in front of me in a long line and I would move over and say "Oh I am sorry I was in your way." Haha. It's automatic, and I can say it honestly makes me question myself all the time. "Why did I just apologize for that person being a jerk?" Maybe because I want so much to make sure people  like me and no one thinks I did anything wrong? Maybe because I doubt myself so much that  I really believe I did something wrong? Yes, it is a little kooky. Ridiculous, to be frank. (Not ridiculous to be "Frank." I am sure he is a cool dude.)

This may seem small and insignificant, but I wanted to mention it. (Oh..sorry, by the way, if it seems silly. Haha.) I have found that it can actually go the other way and make people think I really was in the wrong. Funny how that happens. It all comes down to believing in yourself.  I think I have doubted myself so long that it is an unnecessary habit that has become just part of my norm. It is just another one of the 12,874 things I desperately want to fix about this ol' gal on my journey as a weirdo. I know this post was short and sweet, however, it was on my mind recently, so I thought I would share. 

Until next time,

Bethie 




No comments:

Post a Comment